Tuesday, May 4, 2010

RE: Spiceworks

So I have been using Spiceworks for about a month now. I have to say, if your in a med/low/no budget IT dept it's probably one of the best things you could possibly install in your network. It's got an inventory system that rival's some of the big players out there, checks your dns, inventory's all your software etc. The best thing I have found with it so far though, is the community. It's a fantastic group of people that are all interested in helping each other out. It in and of itself is worth more to me than the actual program(though that is still great). I haven't seen another grouping of such dedicated and helpful people anywhere on the web. I have asked a number of questions as I am a member of a small IT team and we don't have time nor the bodies to be experts in everything and each time I have gotten prompt responses that are backed up with evidence. I have been welcomed into the community with open arms and as a result I have been prompted to give back just as much. I have become an active member of the community and am finding it both very rewarding and very educational. I'm learning new things and getting a better handle on those things that I already know but haven't ever had to teach to someone else. I find nothing is a better learning tool than teaching something to others. I highly recommend this software and the community that it has formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment