Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The reason the "Blogosphere" is put down

Now I love /. as much as the next nerd. The problem though comes when it starts relying on almost nothing for it's stories. I mean sure there may be a problem with this, but as of this posting there is no evidence to back it up. It's one guy, making a complaint and asking if anyone else has the same issues. There is one follow up with a guy saying no he hasn't been talked to by ASCAP. Slashdot isn't alone in this, I also read about it on TechDirt and GamePolitics. Now maybe it's just me but I would think that if we are wanting to be taken seriously maybe we would actually want to check up on the issues we are reporting before just putting them out there? Maybe email back and forth with the guy on the forum, see if there have been more than just one visit, if it was a mistake, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment